Saturday 13 September 2008

Gold fishes [金魚]



After seeing all the kids try fishing at the stall near the temple, I thought I would give it a go. 'can't be that hard' I thought...I was terribly wrong. The little paddle that you are equipped with has a surface made of paper, which is carefully designed to disintegrate in water, thus giving you a limited number of tries to get said fish from the pool in to your 'prize' bowl.

With my first dip, the paddle was broken...I guess because I was chasing the fish a bit too enthusiastically - they swim quite fast, dammit. Anyway, after 3seconds the fishing device as useless... so I gave up, and claimed my two consolation gold fish.


fishes!!!

They are now living in a little tub I bought from the 100yen shop, with some pebbles we collected from Brittany
. They went nuts when I first put them in. I didn't realise that you had to wait for the tap water to be warm before putting the poor little things in. But they seem much more settled now. So we have fishes.

No comments: