Wednesday 14 March 2007

White Day

Today is 'White Day' the Japanese equivalent to Valentines day... so I'm sitting at my desk waiting for an onslaught of chocolates from admirers...

...i think i'll have to wait a bit longer...


Anyway, as I may have already mentioned to some of you...Valentines day is done a little differently around this side of the 'ring of fire' and girls are expected to give boys (any boy will do... you don't even have to like them) chocolates... If, however, your chocolate-giving has more of a romantic inclination, the chocolate is somehow meant to be hand made and then hand wrapped in some ornate or cute and fluffy fashion and then handed over to the object of this romantic endevour...probably accompanied by some very cute giggling and eyelid battering...

Funnily enough I didn't make any chocolates. Not least because I have no idea how to...I have a feeling that making your own chocolates actually means buying some chocolate then melting it back down so you can shape into a heart-shape...Personally I consider this cheating.

Anyway, I shall continue to wait in vain...then I'll be off for some climbing this evening....how romantic! :D

No comments: