Saturday 14 April 2007

Words of Wisdom

What follows is an extract of an email sent by Shane, in summary of our Krabi trip. He'd sat there, at dinner with Tony and Isobel, on the night of April the 1st 2007 kindly transcribing the evenings revelries. The concept of sitting there writing down, on his scroll, during a causal dinner meet was quite amusing for me...maybe this kind of thing is normal in america.

In the true form of any good quote, it's all completely out of context.



and so way way left and the rest of us were sad
rei left and the rest of us were sad
annalisa left and the rest of us were sad

and so, the only thing left for tony isobel and i to do, was drink.
that is, the only thing for tony and i to do, was watch isobel drink.
and so, over seven big changs(and saved for posterities sake) i give you the following -running- monologue courtesy of isobel at ya-yas on the evening of sunday 01 apr 2007 and so

"I hate it when anyone orders better than me." [upon Isobel being jealous of Tony's food]"

Any strained button means either the shirts too small or you're too fat." [random fashion comment]

"Your [Shane's fried rice served in a pineapple] pineapple thing didn't look like anything I'd be happy with."

"I'm on my sixth long bottle and I've got sober people to play with." [Isobel's lament that Tony and Shane weren't drinking]

"If it's distilled liquor it's got to be good for you."

"If the water's not pure before it's turned into alcohol it's certainly pure afterwards."

"All New Zealander's get a two year visa to England. And they go there and do good stuff." "After two years in England you just go home and die."

"I love the altitude. I've climbed Mt. Fuji sixteen times and I love it because it's like being pissed!"

"Jesus! You're [Shane] left handed too?!?" Referring to the fact there are also 'other' things 'wrong' with him...

"I need water in my glass... the beers coming -shit! How and I gonna walk over there?!? [to the bathroom]"

"I'll have one potato fried and salted -know what I mean? French fries! Yeah, that's it."

"God but that looks unhealthy!" [looking at a plate the waiter had in his hand]"I did so well getting back here [from the toilet].

"[Shane: "So they're married?"] "No, no, no... they're married."

"I went to boarding school -we were short of matches in the rain." [I think this was about looking for a lighter]"

"That's what I have for your hole." [anti-septic ointment for Shane's foot]

and here's an honorable mention from Tony:
"I only smoke in Bangkok when I'm pissed."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

drunk new zealanders... now there's a cliché.

wayway said...

I think it's a national hobby...