Wednesday 26 December 2007

Buddhist Monks in Bars...

Glorious news!!!!
Buddhist monks are trying to reach a wider audience by going to a Jazz bars to perform their chants of buddhist teachings [仏教音楽; 祈りの歌]!!! how COoooool is that?! [full article here]

So, I've tried to find the bar: サ ウンド ミュージック バー Chippy (Chippy Sound and Music Bar)
and it's not tooo far from where we live....some where in Edagowabashi [江戸川橋].

Apparently, the last time they played was on the 19th of Dec, and I can't seem to find the schedule for next year :( boooo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this post because I was trying to google up the same thing. Monks in jazz clubs? Amazing! The place mentioned in the article is quite close to me, but since the schedule for next month isn't on their site yet it's hard to tell if there will be a repeat performance. Perhaps they are a touring act?

If you find anything, be sure to post it!

wayway said...

...will do.