Sunday 23 December 2007

Christmas Dinner - PART I

On the eve of Christmas eve we toddled down to the shiny lights of Roppongi [六本木] we headed towards the Mori Towers and then into L'atelier (L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon), a two Michelin star restaurant. It had a great atmosphere, the Japanese waiters all spoke French (and some English) and were not intimidating at all, being very friendly and attentive. The decor was a cool black and red, with various bottles and jars full with food for colour.



Greg's starter: cous cous, with a mango chukney


My starter: Avocado and tomato

I then went onto have a non-dairy option they threw together for me of foie grois ravioli, in a consume (otherwise known as soup) . I really can't remember what Greg had at this point (I was too preoccupied..) maybe he'll tell me when he gets back from his business trip...

Greg's second course: Duck in a cheesy potatoey bake (it wasn't described as badly as this on the menu)

My second course: Fishy on some (very tastily cooked) potatoes

Palate cleaning lime sherbet with fruit

My dessert [also not exactly on the menu - but non-dairy...thus wayway friendly]: Pear Sorbet (in a cylinder of ice) with berry fruits

Greg's prepped and ready for his dessert...

some dairy thing, I'm not allowed to eat...

...then it's gone!

After our little culinary experience, we then headed to Shibuya to watch 'Once' ...a beautiful movie....with awesome music.

No comments: