Tuesday 25 December 2007

Seasons Greetings

Merry Christmas!


I celebrated this Christmas day in a less than normal way; by going on a field trip to the Kawasaki [川崎市]area of Tokyo (it's not too far from Haneda Airport [羽田空港]) - to try and get a feel for the area which I shall apparently be helping with some dynamic modelling for Tokyo Gas....anyway, I was looking for evidence of subsidence or liquefaction...which reminds me: I should really write up about what I saw before I forget...

It looked very flat. Everywhere: FLAT. very little in the way of exciting cracked buildings or uneven land or suspicious puddles. I was a little bit dissappointed. HOWEVER, when I was tottering about on my own, I was accosted by a young mother on a bike, a bike which contained one small child on the basket on the handlebars and another small child on the seat behind her...she asked if I knew where some park was....and as it happened I had a whole district map in my hand (so that I would have an idea of what I was meant to be looking at). I immediately thrust it out at her (with a very proud grin on my face) pointed, to roughly where we were and what I assumed the park that she was looking for. Which, seemed to make her quite happy.

The end.

Happy Christmas...

No comments: